|U.S. Senate, New York|
Long ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing New York. She sought the nomination on the Republican ticket and also ran as a Conservative. She defeated U.S. Rep. Bob Turner and Nassau County Comptroller George Maragos in the June 26 Republican primary. She was defeated by incumbent Kirsten Gillibrand (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Long and Maragos have taken the more conservative stance compared to Turner. For example, Turner has not taken a "no tax increases" pledge along with the other two. Turner says he's more ready to compromise in order to get things accomplished in Washington. Maragos has also criticized his opponents for not seeking to repeal New York's legalization of same-sex marriage.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wendy + Long + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Turner calls Weiner's mayoral bid an 'uphill battle' - Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Indiantown Gap National Cemetery Memorial Day event is Sunday, and other ... - PennLive.com
- Is abortion about to doom Republicans again? - Salon
- The Note: What We Won't Learn From Lois Lerner - ABC News (blog)
- With White House Bogged Down By Scandal, GOP Looks For Boost - Northwest Public Radio
- The Hunt for Steve Cohen - Vanity Fair
- Why Don't We Pay (More/Any) Attention To Los Angeles Mayoral Elections? - NPR (blog)
- The Note: Obama Floats Above The Fray ? For Now - ABC News (blog)
- Paille's goal puts Bruins on verge of East finals - Knoe.com
- Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery again - Knoe.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ New York Board of Elections "List of Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," April 23, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New York Times "G.O.P. Senate Hopefuls Compete in a TV Debate," June 17, 2012
- ↑ Watertown Daily Times "In north country stop, Maragos touts conservatism, visits to region," June 24, 2012
- ↑ Cook Political Report "2012 SENATE RACE RATINGS," May 31, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |