West Virginia 2012 ballot measures
One measure was certified for the 2012 statewide ballot in West Virginia.
- The single measure was defeated.
- The 2011 session ended in March 2011.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 11, 2012 and ended on March 10, 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Admin of gov't||Would end term limits for county sheriffs|
Not on ballot
|Marriage Amendment||Marriage||Calls for protecting traditional marriage|
|Local Bonds and Levies Amendment||Admin of gov't||Allows simple majorities to approve local bonds and levies|
|Tangible Personal Property Tax Exemption and Rate Reduction Amendment||Taxes||Exempts tangible personal property from ad valorem taxation|
|Redistricting Commission Amendment||Redistricting||Create a commission for legislative redistricting purposes.|
|Lieutenant Governor Amendment||Admin. of gov't.||Would add the position of Lieutenant Governor.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- Since 2000, West Virginians have considered five ballot measures. Of these five, four have passed.
- Historically, West Virginia ballot measures have focused on bonds and finance issues.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of West Virginia ballot measures
- History of direct democracy in West Virginia
- Laws governing ballot measures in West Virginia
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |