Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 138|
Smith's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Texas can be a national leader for education by adequately funding our schools, recruiting and retaining good teachers that will focus on equipping our children with life skills, and focusing on creative and innovative solutions in the area of education."
A SOUND ECONOMY
- Excerpt:"As a small business owner, I am aware of the drag that taxes and regulation can have on our local businesses, especially those trying to get off the ground. In the Legislature I will continue the Texas tradition of low taxes, minimal regulation, and limits on frivolous lawsuits that make Texas such a great place to live, relocate, start businesses, and create jobs."
- Excerpt:"Texas now has a permanent structural budget deficit that will not go away even with an improving economy. Shifting money from one cycle to another and deliberately underestimating the cost of services is not solving the problem. It is simply kicking the can down the road. I will not support or vote for any budget that uses such gimmicks to pretend the budget has been balanced."
FOSTER CARE REFORM
- Excerpt:"As foster parents this issue is close to our hearts. LyAnna and I have had the opportunity to see firsthand how The Department of Family and Protective Services could be improved to greatly benefit these children. As your next State Representative I will take the lead in doing the right thing for our most vulnerable children."
|Texas House of Representatives District 138 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dwayne Bohac Incumbent||72.5%||5,861|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Whet + Smith + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |