|Kentucky State Senate District 3|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Christian County (1999)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky (2003)|
|J.D.||University of Kentucky (2006)|
Westerfield earned his J.D. from the University of Kentucky. His professional experience includes running his own private law practice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Westerfield served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
|• Veterans, Military Affairs, and Public Protection, Vice-chair|
Westerfield's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Farmers need an elected official that will protect their industry from burdensome regulation and costly taxation – costs that are carried on the shoulders of each of us at the grocery."
- Excerpt:" The changes to the penal code have removed much of the disincentive to possess or traffic in controlled substances."
Protection Of Life
- Excerpt:"Protecting our unborn may not be popular, and may be difficult under certain circumstances, but those children are lives worthy of protection nonetheless."
- Excerpt:"Gambling and gaming is tempting as a possible way out for the very people in the Commonwealth who have the least means to gamble with. The costs to our families and communities is far too great for any revenue the gaming lobby promises it can deliver."
- Excerpt:"God made marriage a sacred union between a man and a woman, and I will never recognize a different standard."
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2012
Westerfield won election in the 2012 election for Kentucky State Senate District 3. He ran unopposed in the primary on May 22, 2012, and defeated Joey Pendleton in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Kentucky State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joey Pendleton Incumbent||49.6%||18,160|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Westerfield has a wife, Amanda.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Whitney + Westerfield + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Glass Door Solutions to Establish Operations in Elkton, Create 110 Jobs - SurfKY News
- Westerfield to speak at Kelly Community Meeting - Hopkinsville Kentucky New Era
- Louisville Forum debates new Religious Freedom Act - WDRB
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Whitney Westerfield on Facebook
- Whitney Westerfield on Twitter
Joey Pendleton (D)
|Kentucky StateSenate District 3
| Succeeded by|