|Arkansas House of Representatives District 34|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Lewellen's professional experience includes working as a teacher and owning a business. She was a member of the Task Force for the Study of the Homeless.
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Energy Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Insurance and Commerce Committee, Arkansas House
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Claims Review
- Subcommittee on Income Taxes-Personal and Corporate
- Subcommittee on Insurance
Lewellen did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Lewellen's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1486 - "AN ACT FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES - DIVISION OF COUNTY OPERATIONS - EMERGENCY SHELTER VOUCHER PROGRAM GENERAL IMPROVEMENT APPROPRIATION."
- HB 1766 - "AN ACT FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES - INSTITUTE ON AGING TELEMEDICINE EQUIPMENT FOR NURSING HOME PATIENT CONSULTS AND EVALUATIONS BY PHYSICIANS GENERAL IMPROVEMENT APPROPRIATION."
- HB 2062 - "TO EXEMPT TAXPAYERS THAT MEET CERTAIN AGE AND INCOME REQUIREMENTS FROM PAYING STATE INCOME TAX."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Lewellen was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Lewellen raised $38,135 for her campaign, while Broadway raised $0.
|Arkansas State House, District 34 (2008)|
|Wilhelmina Lewellen (D)||7,529|
|Herbert L. Broadway (R)||1,602|
Below are Lewellen's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$4,000|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Rural Arkansas Telecommunications||$2,000|
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,000|
|McDaniel Leadership PAC||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Wilhelmina + Lewellen + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House Committees
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Wilhelmina Lewellen
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 8, 2014
- VoteNaturally.org, "2008 general election results, Arkansas," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Arkansas House spending, 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arkansas House District 34
| Succeeded by|
John W. Walker
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|