Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 39|
|High school||Chapel Hill High School|
|Place of birth||Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
Guzzardi's website listed the following issues:
- Strengthening our Schools
- Excerpt: "Will believes that strong schools make strong communities, and that every child deserves a quality public education."
- Keeping our Neighborhoods Safe
- Excerpt: "Will believes that all of our families and seniors should feel safe in their communities. The most effective path to safer streets is with good community-based policing, more outreach programs for at-risk youth, and active community involvement."
- Making Government Accountable
- Excerpt: "When elected officials betray the public trust our communities suffer, and our ability to use local government to be part of the solution deteriorates."
- Creating Jobs and Promoting Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Good jobs are the anchors of strong families and healthy communities, and the best driver of economic growth in our communities."
- Protecting Seniors
- Excerpt: "Just as we have an obligation to our children, we also must care for those who came before us and provided for our own futures."
- Advancing Public Health Initiatives
- Excerpt: "Will Guzzardi will fight for existing programs, like the health team organized by the Logan Square Neighborhood Association, and promote new initiatives with the input of public-health officials and community leaders."
- Demanding Equal Rights
- Excerpt: "Full equality for all, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, is a basic matter of civil rights, and anything short of full equality is unacceptable."
- Protecting Our Natural Environment
- Excerpt: "The scientific community has presented indisputable evidence of substantial climate change resulting from greenhouse gas emissions and industrial pollution. Elected leaders need to take charge on this issue, and Will’s prepared to do so. "
- Making Our District More Accessible
- Excerpt: "Quality public transportation is crucial to residents of the 39th District. In addition to reliable trains and buses, Will also believes in an organized system of bicycle lanes and bike racks. "
- Improving Our Immigration System
- Excerpt: "Will recognizes that the vast majority of immigrants come to the United States, and to Chicago in particular, for work and better opportunities for their families."
- Respecting Our Veterans
- Excerpt: "Will believes the best way to honor our veterans’ service is by funding the programs facilitating their return to civilian life."
- Women’s Issues
- Excerpt: "Will is a staunch advocate for women’s rights, including equal pay, fair treatment in hiring, and reproductive services."
- Promoting Local Artists
- Excerpt: "Will believes that a local arts scene is essential to community development."
Guzzardi ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 39. Guzzardi lost to incumbent Maria Antonia Berrios in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary.
The March 20 primary was separated by less than 150 votes. Guzzardi initially demanded a recount and challenged the results. However, on May 1, 2012, he conceded defeated.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Maria Antonia Berrios Incumbent||50.8%||4,021|
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Will Guzzardi on Facebook
- Will Guzzardi on Twitter
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Chicago Tribune "Challenger in Ill. House race who got recount concedes in 125-vote loss to veteran legislator," May 2, 2012
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |