|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 3-1|
|1995 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||January 15, 1922|
|Place of birth||Binghampton, New York|
Aswad has served on the Burlington City Council.
Aswad has worked as a Manufacturing Engineer and an Engineering Manager. He also served in the Army Corps of Engineers as a Major in World War II.
Aswad earned his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Clarkson University in 1946. He then did Graduate Work at Union College.
Aswad ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-1. Aswad advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and the general election is on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William Aswad Incumbent||34.1%||619|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 3-1 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Wright (R)||1,806|
|William Aswad (D)||1,526|
|Joanna Cole (D)||1,277|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Aswad served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Aswad served on these committees:
In 2010, a year in which Aswad was up for re-election, he collected $235 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Aswad voted on the selected bills:
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + Aswad + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Aswad and his wife, Marjorie Green, have four children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013