|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 4|
|2004 - present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Catholic University of America|
|Ph.D.||University of Vermont, 1973|
Butynski earned his Ph.D. from the University of Vermont. His professional experience includes working as an independent consultant for Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs & Policies; director of Alcohol, Drug and Employee Assistance Programs, Science Management Corporation; executive director of the National Association of State Alchohol & Drug Abuse Directors; and vice president for Policy, New Futures.
Butynski has been chair of Cheshire County Delegation Executive Committee, and a member of Cheshire County Democrats Executive Committee and New Hampshire Ways & Means Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Butynski served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means, Clerk|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Butynski served on the following committee:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means|
Butynski won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 1. Butynski advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
On November 2, 2010 Butynski was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Butynski ran for the Cheshire District 4 of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, winning the first of four seats with 3,372 votes, ahead of Henry Parkhurst (D) with 3,352 votes, Timothy Butterworth (D) with 3,319 votes, Daniel Carr (D) with 2,854 votes, Edwin Smith (R) with 2,227 votes, Denis Murphy (R) with 1,615 votes, and 24 votes for others. 
Butynski raised $549 for his campaign.
| New Hampshire House of Representatives,
Cheshire District 4
|William Butynski (D)||3,372|
|Henry Parkhurst (D)||3,352|
|Timothy Butterworth (D)||3,319|
|Daniel Carr (D)||2,854|
|Edwin Smith (R)||2,227|
|Denis Murphy (R)||1,615|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Butynski was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
In 2008 William Butynski collected $549 in donations. 
His contributors in 2008 were:
|Committee to Elect House Democrats||$125|
Butynski has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Butynski + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Griffin Votes Against Recommendation to Kill Casino Bill - Patch.com
- Roll Call for the Panel Recommendation to Kill Casino Bill - Patch.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ New Hampshire House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Butynski's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to William Butynski
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Butynski, Sr.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 4
| Succeeded by|