W. Charles Paradee
|W. Charles Paradee|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 29|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Delaware, 1991|
|Master's||University of Delaware, 1998|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Paradee served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Energy, Vice Chair|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology, Chair|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Paradee's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Increasing our quality of life and creating jobs without growing the government
- Excerpt: "I am hopeful that the pilot program recently authorized by the General Assembly to target waste, fraud, and inefficiencies in our Medicaid system will lead to significant savings. We also need to reduce the amount of redundant administrative positions in our schools."
Seeking bipartisan solutions and compromise for improving our state’s transportation infrastructure
- Excerpt: "I hate paying taxes as much as anyone, and I would prefer not to raise them. Both parties understand that we must address our infrastructure needs, which is why our General Assembly needs to work together to come up with a bi-partisan solution."
Money for clean water initiatives should come from the normal budgetary process
- Excerpt: "I do not support the idea of creating another trust fund that will be administered by government bureaucrats. I want cleaner waterways as much as anyone, but these types of projects should go through the normal budget writing process."
Reduce tax burden on casinos in order to preserve their long term viability as a source of revenue
- Excerpt: "If we don’t do something, we will kill the goose that laid the golden egg. In order to preserve thousands of Kent County jobs tied directly to the casinos and racetracks, I would prefer to see the tax rate on slot machine revenues reduced from the current rate of 43.5%."
Reasonable wage increases for state employees
- Excerpt: "Merit position state employees are the lifeblood of our government and the services it provides to our citizens. Many of these employees are currently paid much less than the median income in the state, and many have not seen regular cost of living wage increases for some time. I support providing state workers with wage increases commensurate to those we see year to year in the private sector for similar level positions."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent William Charles Paradee III was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Peter M. Kramer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Paradee will face Kramer in the general election.
Paradee ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 29. Paradee ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated Lincoln D. Willis in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||William Charles Paradee||54.3%||5,183|
|Republican||Lincoln Willis Incumbent||45.7%||4,358|
Comprehensive donor information for Paradee is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Paradee raised a total of $40,875 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|W. Charles Paradee's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 29||$40,875|
|Grand Total Raised||$40,875|
2012Paradee won election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Paradee raised a total of $40,875.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to W. Charles Paradee's campaign in 2012|
|Paradee III, W Charles||$11,162|
|Delaware Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Delaware Issues Fund||$600|
|Mette, Jacqueline Paradee||$600|
|Beau Pac Inc||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,875|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charles + Paradee + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 29
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Delaware House of Representatives - W. Charles Paradee
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Elect Paradee, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Paradee, W. Charles," accessed September 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
Lincoln D. Willis (R)
|Delaware House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|