William Conley Jr.
|William Conley Jr.|
|Rhode Island State Senate District 18|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Columbus School of Law, Catholic University|
Conley earned his bachelor's degree from Boston College and his J.D. from Columbus School of Law at Catholic University. His professional experience includes owning and working as a lawyer at the Law Office of William J. Conley, Jr.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conley served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment & Agriculture|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent William Conley Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Conley won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 18. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 11. Incumbent Frank Devall did not run for re-election. Conley was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||William J. Conley Jr.||98%||9,147|
Comprehensive donor information for William Conley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, William Conley raised a total of $7,787 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 26, 2013.
|William Conley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 18||$7,787|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,787|
2012William Conley won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, William Conley raised a total of $7,787.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to William Conley Jr.'s campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Timothy Chapman||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,787|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Conley + Rhode Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. William Conley Jr.," accessed June 6, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Senator in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Conley, William," accessed July 26, 2013
Frank Devall (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|