William E. Osborne
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 65|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Morehead High School|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina - Greensboro|
|Master's||East Tennessee State University|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Phil Berger is unopposed in the Republican primary, while William E. Osborne is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Osborne ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 65. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. He was defeated by Bert Jones in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bert Jones Incumbent||59.5%||21,324|
|Democratic||William E. Osborne||40.5%||14,534|
Osborne has stated, "My top three goals will be to improve local economic development and job creation, advancements in education, and ensuring women’s issues remain in the forefront of the political and public interest. People in business, our farmers, teachers, and almost everyone have been touched by the recession. It’s time to put the needs of the people and families first."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Osborne + North Carolina + House" William Osborne News Feed
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 26
- Official Campaign Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- Rceno.com "William Osborne Announces Plans To Run for the N.C. House of Representatives," accessed September 18, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |