William E. Young
|Bill E. Young|
|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 88|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Youngstown State University|
|Master's||Bowling Green State University|
|Place of birth||Annapolis, Maryland|
Born in Annapolis, Maryland, Young grew up in Youngstown, Ohio and attended Youngstown public schools. He earned his B.A. in Education from Youngstown State University and his M.S. in Education from Bowling Green State University. His professional experience includes working as a high school teacher in Ohio for more than 40 years.
Young's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Building the Education System Our Children Deserve
- Excerpt: "Ohio needs an education system that allows people of all ages and backgrounds to gain an education that best suits their individual needs. Ohio must focus on early childhood education, reducing the dropout rate, college preparation, and increasing accessibility and affordability of post-high school education options."
A 21st Century Economic Development Vision
- Excerpt: "Ohio has made progress emerging from the Great Recession, and as your State Representative, Bill will work to build an Ohio that is stronger than before. Bill believes the way toward a brighter economic future in Ohio is through robust workforce training initiatives, and retention, expansion, and attraction of small businesses."
- Excerpt: "Though Bill is satisfied with the progress that has been made regarding healthcare, he believes kinks exist that still need to be worked out. He is not beholden to any special interest group and will listen to your concerns, issues, and real life experiences as he attempts to make Ohio’s healthcare system as common sense and practical as possible."
Agriculture and Northwest Ohio's Ecology
- Excerpt: "Bill is committed to working with the farming community of our district to promote best practices and allow for open lines of communication between farm families and Columbus. Ohio towns rely on farmers’ contributions to our vibrant communities; the government ought to remain committed to assisting with farmers’ success."
- Excerpt: "Bill wants to ensure that Ohio’s veterans receive the care and attention they deserve."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. William E. Young was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while William F. Reineke, Jr. defeated Rhonda Damschroder and Richard Geyer in the Republican primary. Reineke defeated Young in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 88 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||William F. Reineke, Jr.||59%||17,335|
|Democratic||William E. Young||41%||12,040|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 88 Republican Primary, 2014|
|William F. Reineke, Jr.||53.1%||2,792|
Young ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 88. Young was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by District 81 incumbent Rex Arthur Damschroder (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Rex Arthur Damschroder Incumbent||55.6%||27,923|
|Democratic||William E. Young||44.4%||22,290|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + Young + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 88
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Official campaign website
- The News-Messenger, "Rex Damschroder aiming for re-election," November 17, 2011
- Bill Young for Ohio, "Meet Bill Young," accessed July 29, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on July 16, 2014
- billyoungforohio.com, "Ideas For Ohio," accessed August 27, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |