|Indiana House of Representatives, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Munster High School|
|Bachelor's||Indiana University, 1973|
|Master's||Purdue Calumet, 1996|
|J.D.||Indiana University School of Law, 1976|
|Birthday||February 2, 1951|
|Place of birth||Hammond, Indiana|
Fine earned his B.S. from Indiana University in 1973, J.D. from Indiana University in 1976 and M.S. in English from Purdue Calumet in 1996.
Fine's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
|“||JOBS: A plan to stimulate the Region’s economy.
Bill will work to rebuild The Region’s unique economy. This area was built on good manufacturing and construction jobs and they need to be restored. Bill also plans to advance programs that will return tax dollars to Indiana vendors.
SCHOOL: Blueprint for a 21st century education.
Bill will fight to advance our education system by assuring our public schools are appropriately funded and strengthened by restoring funding for Teacher Mentor programs. Bill believes strongly in public education and is committed to adhering to our highest Hoosier education standards.
REFORM: Logical solutions to a heavy tax problem.
Bill will confront the issue of Township reform. He advocates moving the high cost of temporary poor relief programs in urban centers from Township taxpayers to state government where it belongs.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Mara Candelaria Reardon was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while William I. "Bill" Fine was unopposed in the Republican primary. Reardon will face Fine in the general election.
Fine ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 12. Fine defeated Peter N. Karagan in the May 8 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Mara Candelaria Reardon (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mara Candelaria Reardon Incumbent||53.8%||14,584|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary, 2012|
Fine has three children and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Fine + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House of Representatives District 12
- Indiana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Indiana General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Bill Fine on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Fine in 2012, "About Bill Fine," accessed April 21, 2012
- finein12.com, "Home," accessed August 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Associated Press, "Election Results 2012," accessed May 8, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |