|Oregon House of Representatives District 56|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Commissioner, Klamath County, Oregon|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1958-1962|
|Date of birth||May 10, 1940|
|Place of birth||Rochester, NY|
Garrard attended Carnegie Business School. His professional experience includes working as a station manager, sales manager and radio announcer.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Garrard served on these committees:
- Education Subcommittee, Vice Chair
- General Government Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Garrard served on these committees:
- Emergency Board Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Rules Committee, Oregon House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature
Garrard did not run for re-election in 2012.
Garrard won re-election to the 4th District seat in 2010. He defeated Karl Scronce in the primary election, receiving 5,109 votes while Scronce received 2,848. Garrard was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Oregon State House, District 56|
|William Garrard (R)||15,402|
|Oregon State House District 56|
|William Garrard (R)||18,653|
Garrard collected $44,125 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to William Garrard's campaign in 2010|
|Oregon Beer & Wine Distributors Association||$2,000|
|Oregon Education Association||$1,500|
|Associated Oregon Loggers||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$44,125|
In 2008, Garrard collected $53,707 in donations.
These were the largest contributions in 2008.
|OREGON ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$2,000|
Garrard and his wife, Sharon, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Garrard + Oregon + House'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 29, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 Oregon State House Primary Election Results," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 House General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 56
| Succeeded by|
Gail Whitsett (R)