|Former candidate for|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Dunn's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Our Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "Recognizing the demands and needs of today, and balancing them against the long-term interest of Our Community and Delaware’s future."
- Excerpt: "As a product of public schools, relatives who have made careers as teachers, years on the Red Clay School Board and twenty years as an Involved Parent, I believe our State’s future relies on improving the system."
- Excerpt: "Our family’s safety is more important than ever."
Addressing Transportation Needs
- Excerpt: "Business Development and JOBS demand an efficient transportation network and burdening existing residents and taxpayers with higher taxes to pay the majority of the costs of improving our roads is unfair."
Protecting the Environment
- Excerpt: "As Delaware’s jobs and economy changes, we have to think about our children’s future and what we leave them to address for their children."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Kimberly Williams defeated William H. Dunn in the Democratic primary, while James Startzman was unopposed in the Republican primary. Williams defeated Startzman in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Kimberly Williams Incumbent||63.6%||3,128|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Kimberly Williams Incumbent||67%||563|
|William H. Dunn||33%||277|
Dunn ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 19. Dunn was defeated by Kimberly Williams in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William H. Dunn||45.7%||598|
In 2014, Dunn's endorsements included the following:
- Cheryl J. Rex – Faulkland Heights
- Fred Watts – Limestone Gardens
- Susan O’Connor – Kiamensi Gardens
- Nancy Frampton – Murray Manor
- Charles Jordan – Rolling Hills
- Lee Richards and Joe Bundy – Delpark Manor
- Delaware attorney Christopher Koyste
- Chuck Mulholland
- Frank Warnock for Delaware Bikes
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Dunn + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House of Representatives District 19
- Delaware House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- William Dunn on LinkedIn
- billdunn.us, "Issues," accessed August 5, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election results," accessed September 17, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- billdunn.us, "Endorsements," accessed August 5, 2014