William Johnson (Iowa)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 50|
|High school||Washington Senior|
|Bachelor's||Loras Catholic College|
|Years of service||2001-2005|
|Birthday||June 1, 1980|
|Place of birth||Dallas, Texas|
Johnson served in the Navy from 2001-2005 as a Hebrew linguist. He attended Loras Catholic College, receiving a degree in International Studies.
Johnson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Advocates Sound Money"
- "Believes in Conservative Spending and Zero Based Budget"
- "Supports the Abolition of theIncome Tax"
- "Believes in a Constitutional Foreign Policy"
- "Advocates Constitutionally Strengthening Directives against Terrorism"
- "Supports the Maintenance of Constitutional Civil Liberties"
- "Sanctity of Traditional Marriage"
- "Protects the Rights of the Unborn"
- "Firm supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights"
- "Advocate of Less Government and Taxes"
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 50. He defeated John Hulsizer, Jr. in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Johnson was defeated by District 14 incumbent Pam Jochum (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Pam Jochum Incumbent||68%||20,808|
|Iowa State Senate, District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John E. Hulsizer, Jr.||43.9%||584|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Johnson + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN Washington AM Note - CNN (blog)
- Senate votes 91-7 to confirm Tavenner to head Medicare, Medicaid Services - The Hill (blog)
- Greater Nebraska candidates spend more than $800000 - Rapid City Journal
- IRS Political Abuse Started Long Before Tea Party - Newsmax.com - Newsmax.com
- Mentally disabled Henry's workers awarded $240 million - Iowa City Press Citizen
- THE WORLD'S SMARTEST WOMAN - WND.com
- ProfNet Roundup: 2013 Commencement Speakers - Sacramento Bee
- The Last Liberal in Oklahoma: Senator Fred Harris - The Moderate Voice
- Franken and Harkin introduce energy section of 2013 Farm Bill - Ethanol Producer Magazine
- The Prophets of Oak Ridge - Washington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart