William M. Sanders
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Oklahoma, District 3|
|High school||Broken Bow High School (1988)|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University (1998) (2001)|
|Service/branch||Army National Guard|
|Years of service||1999 – 2011|
Sanders earned Bachelors of Science degrees in Biology and Political Science from Oklahoma State University.
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Sanders outlined his political philosophy and campaign themes:
"A drive away from partisan politics and a return to practical legislation. Limiting the undue influence of special interest groups. Stabilizing our economy and both ensuring our security and our civil rights."
"I don't believe in slogans or sound bytes...I feel that there should be term limits for elected officials, and that there should be limits in campaign contributions, particularly regarding PACs, issue ads, and "soft money". I feel Citizen's United was a very bad precedent, and that it is an undermining element in our democracy. I feel we should make an effort to retain our manufacturing sectors, and improve our education, health and welfare systems. I also feel we should scale back on international military missions, unless they are undeniably vital to our national interests."
Sanders was defeated by incumbent Frank D. Lucas. Sanders ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Oklahoma's 3rd District. He sought the nomination on the Independent ticket. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Oklahoma, District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Timothy Ray Murray||20%||53,472|
|Republican||Frank D. Lucas Incumbent||75.3%||201,744|
|Independent||William M. Sanders||4.8%||12,787|
|Source: Oklahoma Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Sanders + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina's state education boss wants to exempt teachers from income tax - Daily Caller
- GOP staffer claims to live on food stamps without problems, suggests cutting more - Daily Caller
- Elbert Guillory: Democrats have ignored problems facing the black community - Daily Caller
- Conservatives more racist than liberals, says government-funded study - Daily Caller
- Recall of Colorado gun controller gets enough signatures - Daily Caller
- Kazakhstan praised as green energy hub - Daily Caller
- 'Obama phones' given to people promising to sell them for drugs, money [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- DHS hopes get same cyber-spying powers as NSA - Daily Caller
- 'Snowden is not the problem' Palin says - Daily Caller
- Cruz will file immigration amendment allowing states to require proof of ... - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found