William O'Brien, New Hampshire State Representative
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 5|
|2008 - present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Speaker of the House|
|2010 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
O'Brien served in the House previously, representing Hillsborough 4 from 2004 to 2006.
O'Brien's professional experience includes working as a lawyer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Brien did not serve on a committee.
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules, Chair|
O'Brien won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 5. O'Brien advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
|William O'Brien Incumbent||46.5%||700|
On November 2, 2010 O'Brien was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, O'Brien was elected by finishing third in the Hillsborough 4 District of the New Hampshire House of Representatives taking one of the four potential seats there. O'Brien (3,716) finished behind Robert Mead (3,893) and Linda Foster (3,868). The other candidates were Frank Holden (3,686), William Condra (3,530), Jennifer Daler (3,512), Mary Beth Ayvazian (3,196), and Henry Mullaney (3,170). O'Brien raised $175 for his campaign fund. 
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which O'Brien was up for re-election, he collected $5,246 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to William O'Brien, New Hampshire State Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Obrien, William L||$4,109|
|Republican Victory Pac||$301|
|New Hampshire Society Of Eye Physicians & Surgeons||$200|
|Hillsborough County Republican Cmte||$125|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,246|
In 2008 O'Brien raised $175 in campaign donations. His top two donors are listed below.
|House Republican PAC||$113|
|Hillsborough Republilcan PAC||$50|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + O'Brien + New + Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 'Obamacare' And Green Energy Bill Bound Together By Poison Pill Tactic - New Hampshire Public Radio
- Granite Status: What is Sen. Ayotte up to on immigration reform bill? - The Union Leader
- Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - The Union Leader
- Students and residents react to proposed bill - The Dartmouth
- Work/Life Issues Really Depend On What Kind of Job You Have - Raw Story
- The one place in the world where the U.S. Congress is loved: Europe - Daily Caller
- Fiorentini to pitch hotel tax hike again - Eagle-Tribune
- NH campaigns heat up well ahead of election cycle - Eagle-Tribune
- NH House approves health overhaul grant - Concord Monitor
- Rubio declines to say whether he supports his own immigration bill - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ National Journal, "Former N.H. House Speaker Mulling Kuster Challenge," February 8, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ "New Hampshire House of Representatives official election results"
- ↑ "Campaign funds"
- ↑ 2010 contribution reports
- ↑ Campaign donors