William R. Adams
|William R. Adams|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 42|
|High school||Butte View High (1990)|
|Associate's||College of DuPage |
|Birthday||July 30, 1971|
Adams's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We must reduce class sizes to allow teachers to provide more direct, personalized, and effective instruction to all students. I will work to ensure we fully fund special education. I will work to increase the education funding foundation level to ensure every child has a quality school environment and quality teachers. I will focus on increasing the state’s role in funding education, and reduce the reliance on property taxes."
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "The new attack on the working family comes in the name of "Pension Reform". One of the many reasons our pension system is falling apart is because of abuse by politicians. After decades of bilking the system for their own personal gain, our elected officials are trying to convince taxpayers that public pensions are the cause of our state's problems."
- Balance the Budget
Adams's campaign website listed the following endorsements:
- Illinois AFL-CIO
- Illinois Education Association
- College Democrats of Illinois
- Citizen Action Illinois
- Richard Dunn - Realtor
Adams ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 42. Adams was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and was defeated by Jeanne M. Ives in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeanne M. Ives||61.6%||31,299|
|Democratic||William R. Adams||38.4%||19,481|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + Adams + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stories planned for the Wednesday, May 15, 2013, Herald-Whig - Quincy Herald Whig
- Student Leadership Awards - Western Illinois University News
- You are here: HomeCultureHistoryAbleman v. Booth: How State Nullification ... - The New American
- Stories planned for the Tuesday, May 14, 2013, Herald-Whig - Quincy Herald Whig
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Project Vote Smart biography
- William R. Adams for the 42nd District State Representative Facebook page
- Official campaign website
- ↑ William Adams, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- ↑ William Adams, "Endorsements," accessed October 24, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |