|New York State Senate, District 58|
|Bachelor's||College of the Holy Cross, 1972|
Stachowski was Erie County Democratic Chairman for Zone 7 for the City of Buffalo. He served in the Erie County Legislature from 1974 to 1981. He has also been a member of the Erie County Democratic Party since 1967. As a senator, he was Assistant Majority Leader for House Operations.
Stachowski earned his B.A. in Political Science from the College of the Holy Cross in 1972. His professional experience included working as Assistant Manager for a family liquor store, as an Assistant Football Coach for Saint Francis High School in Athol Springs and as a teacher/counselor at Saint Ann's Roman Catholic School in Buffalo.
While a member of the New York State Senate, Stachowski served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Senate
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Insurance Committee, New York State Senate
- Investigations and Government Operations Committee, New York State Senate
- Labor Committee, New York State Senate
- Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Stachowski was defeated by Timothy M. Kennedy in the September 18 Democratic Primary. However, Stachowski secured the nomination of the Working Families Party and the Independence Party. He was defeated again in the general election by Kennedy. He also faced Republican Jack Quinn.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 58 (2010)|
|Timothy M. Kennedy (D)||42,757|
|Jack Quinn (R)||41,162|
|William Stachowski (Independence)||6,611|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2008
Stachowski raised $898,180 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 58 (2008)|
|William Stachowski (D)||64,116|
|Dennis Delano Sr. (R)||56,871|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to William Stachowski's 2008 campaign.
|New York Democratic Senate Campaign CMTE||$202,500|
|New York State Democratic Party||$176,192|
|Friends of Anthony M. Masiello||$10,982|
|New York State United Teachers||$9,500|
|Malcolm A. Smith for New York||$9,500|
Stachowski has a wife, Cynthia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "William + Stachowski + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 9, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns November 4, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on William's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed July 31, 2014
|New York Senate District 58
| Succeeded by|
Timothy M. Kennedy (D)