Vincent William Romano
|Vincent William Romano|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 16|
|Master's||Northeastern Illinois University|
|Place of birth||Skokie, IL|
Romano earned his Master's Degree in Psychology from Northeastern Illinois University. He worked as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch from 1985 to 1991. He was then employed as senior vice-president of Wachovia Securities Financial Network from 1991 to 2003. He has been senior vice-president of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney since 2003. He is also currently a realtor for The Vince Romano Group.
Romano's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The economy is the major issue in Illinois right now! We are ranked near last (47th out of 50) in business climate. This climate is repelling jobs from our state and has to change."
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs pension reform to stop individuals from robbing the taxpayers by collecting two and three tax-payer funded pensions, as well as stopping individuals from collecting pensions after working as little as one day."
- Fraud/waste/and corruption
- Excerpt: "Illinois has a reputation of corruption and fraud, and the people of Illinois need to end the cycle theft and payoffs that the political machine has maintained for the last century. Dignity needs to be restored to our great states name!"
Romano ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 16. Romano was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Lou Lang in the November 6 general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lou Lang Incumbent||68.1%||22,281|
|Republican||William Vincent Romano||31.9%||10,431|
Romano and his wife have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Romano + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Vincent Romano for State Rep Facebook page
- Vincent William Romano on Twitter
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |