Winfield Village Property Tax Limit Question (November 2012)
If approved, this measure would have increased the limitations on property tax currently in place in order to provide the proper service and facilities.
|Winfield Village Property Tax Limit Question|
Election results from DuPage County 2012 election results
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the limiting rate under the Property Tax Extension Limitation Law for the Village of Winfield, DuPage County, Illinois, be increased by an additional amount equal to 0.2397% above the limiting rate for the purpose of providing adequate service and facilities for levy year 2011 and be equal to 0.4794% of the equalized assessed value of the taxable property therein for levy year 2012?||”|
This information was also included on the ballot:
(1) The approximate amount of taxes extendable at the most recently extended limiting rate is $852,360.56 and the approximate amount of taxes extendable if the proposition is approved is $1,704,761.12.
(2) For the 2012 levy year the approximate amount of the additional tax extendable against property containing a single family residence and having a fair market value at the time of the referendum of $100,000 is estimated to be $79.89.
(3) If the proposition is approved, the aggregate extension for 2012 will be determined by the limiting rate set forth in the proposition, rather than the otherwise applicable limiting rate calculated under the provisions of the Property Tax Extension Limitation Law (commonly known as the Property Tax Cap Law). 
- DuPage County Elections, Candidates and Propositions
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |