Wisconsin 1982 ballot measures
- One of the measures was on the ballot for the spring election, which was held on April 6, 1982.
- One measure was on the ballot for the September 14, 1982, primary election.
- Nine measures appeared on the ballot for the general election, which was held on November 2, 1982.
- Ten of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments. The other measure was a Wisconsin referendum / advisory question
- All eleven of the measures passed.
On the ballot
|Question 1||Law enforcement||Allows the legislature to permit or require counties to be responsible for the acts of the sheriff|
|AQ||Question 1||War and peace||Asks if the United States should negotiate an international mutual nuclear weapons moratorium and reduction|
|Question 1||Constitutional language||Amends provisions of the Constitution to replace gendered words with words of neutral gender|
|Question 2||Constitutional language||Changes the treatment of residency of military personnel for redistricting purposes|
|Question 3||Constitutional language||Amends provisions of the Constitution to replace obsolete references to an 1881 amendment|
|Question 4||Constitutional language||Requires the legislature to make all elections by roll call vote|
|Question 5||Constitutional language||Amends provisions of the Constitution to replace an obsolete reference to a 1902 provision|
|Question 6||Constitutional language||Removes provisions related to purchasing draft exemptions|
|Question 7||Constitutional language||Repeals constitutional sections regarding Wisconsin's transition to statehood|
|Question 8||Constitutional language||Removes obsolete provisions relating to a 1977 court reorganization|
|Question 9||Constitutional language||Adjusts the terms of office for Supreme Court justices|
- 1982 ballot measures
- List of Wisconsin ballot measures
- Wisconsin Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state