Wisconsin Public Television Advisory, Question 2 (1954)
This question sought Wisconsin voter opinion about whether to have a state-owned, tax-supported statewide TV station (WHA-TV).
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1956
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall the state of Wisconsin provide a tax-supported state-wide noncommercial educational television network?"
Path to the ballot
- The referendum was placed on the ballot under through AJR 74 and JR 66 of 1953.
- The question was put to the voters to fund WHA-TV six months after the station began a pilot test in Madison with the help of the University of Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1958
- Robert J. Riordan, "Noncommercial TV Aimed at Small Audience," The Milwaukee Sentinel, October 24, 1954
- "Educational TV" The Milwaukee Sentinel, October 26, 1954
- "Educational TV Puzzle: How Good Will It Be?" The Milwaukee Journal, October 22, 1954
- Explanation of the Amendments by the Milwaukee County Board of Election Commissioners, The Milwaukee Journal, Nov. 1, 1954
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |