Wisconsin elections, 2013
The state of Wisconsin will hold elections in 2013. Below are the dates of note:
- Signature filing deadline: January 2, 2013.
- Voter registration deadline for Primary election: January 30, 2013 by mail, February 15, 2013 in person or at poll on election day with valid proof of residence.
- Primary date: February 19, 2013. Wisconsin has an open primary system.
- Voter registration deadline for General election: March 13, 2013 by mail, March 29, 2013 in person or at poll on election day with valid proof of residence.
- General election date: April 2, 2013
|On the 2013 ballot|
There are several special elections scheduled for the state of Wisconsin in 2013.
Elections by type
One state executive position was up for election in 2013 in the state of Wisconsin:
The primary election was on February 19, 2013 followed by a general election on April 2, 2013. Incumbent Tony Evers was first elected in April 2009 and won re-election to a second term against challenger Don Pridemore on April 2, 2013. 
State Assembly District 98
Assemblyman Paul Farrow (R) was the only candidate running in the December 4, 2012 special election for the District 33 seat in the Wisconsin State Senate. Thus, Farrow easily took the seat and resigned his District 98 Assembly seat. A special election to replace him was called for April 2, 2013, which Adam Neylon.
- Related: See election results here.
Voting in Wisconsin
- See also: Voting in Wisconsin
Important voting information
- Wisconsin uses an open primary system, meaning voters are not required to declare a party preference when registering to vote.
- As of June 2013, Wisconsin is one of the 37 states that have not implemented online voter registration.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Wisconsin, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Wisconsin is one of 33 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Early voting begins as soon as ballots become available and ends on the day prior to election day. The average number of days prior to an election that voters can cast an early ballot is 21 days in states with a definitive starting date.
Elections Performance Index
Wisconsin ranked 6th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2010 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance assigning an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. The indicators were chosen within the framework of determining the convenience and integrity of each of the three administrative phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Wisconsin received an overall score of 73%.
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Registration and Voting," Accessed March 18, 2013
- ↑ Government Accountability Board "Registration and Voting" Accessed March 18, 2013
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "2013 Spring Election"
- ↑ Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin April 2 election results," accessed April 3, 2013
- ↑ Sussex Patch, "Strong Interest in 98th Assembly District Race," November 19, 2012
- ↑ FOX6Now, "Gov. Walker calls special election to fill vacancy," December 17, 2012
- ↑ Agri-View, "Another election is just around the corner," January 17, 2013
- ↑ sussex.patch.com, "Adam Neylon Wins 98th Assembly District Primary," February 19, 2013
- ↑ waukesha.patch.com, "Adam Neylon Wins State Assembly Seat," April 2, 2013
- ↑ Pew Charitable Trusts, Election Performance Index Report
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |