|Georgia House of Representatives District 75|
|January 11, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Jonesboro, GA|
Neal is a detective in the Clayton County Police Department's major felony unit, where she has also been an internal affairs/backgrounds and hiring investigator, and an investigator in the fugitive unit. She attended Valdosta State and Clayton State Colleges, where she pursued a degree in Criminal Justice. Neal also worked as a writer for the Clayton News Daily and Henry Daily Herald.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Neal served on the following committees:
- Children and Youth Committee
- Judiciary - Non-Civil Committee
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Valencia Stovall defeated Roberta T. Abdul-Salaam and Yasmin M. Neal in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 74 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Valencia Stovall Incumbent||57%||1,421|
Neal ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 75. Neal was defeated by Mike Glanton in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 75 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Yasmin Neal Incumbent||44%||2,829|
Neal did not have any opposition in the November 2 general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 75 (2010)|
|Yasmin Neal (D)||6,336||100.0%|
Neal came in second to H. Shawn James in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 75 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
|H. Shawn James||708||37.9%|
She faced James in a primary runoff on August 10, defeating him by a margin of 358-305.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 75 - Democratic Primary Runoff (2010)|
|H. Shawn James||305||46.0%|
In 2010, Neal collected $9,440 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors to the campaign were as follows:
|Georgia House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Yasmin Neal's campaign in 2010|
|Planned Parenthood Federation Of America||$2,000|
|Democratic Women Of Georgia||$1,200|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$9,440|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Yasmin + Neal + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 74
- Georgia House of Representatives - Yasmin Neal
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Election Results, accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "August 10, 2010 State Representative primary runoff results
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2010 Georgia House candidates," accessed April 16, 2014
|Georgia House District 75
| Succeeded by|
Mike Glanton (D)
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |