Yorba Linda Ethics Ordinance, Measure Y (November 2010)
November 2, 2010 ballot for voters in the City of Yorba Linda in Orange County. It was approved.
- Prohibits City officials from soliciting or accepting campaign contributions from City contractors;
- Prohibits Council Member or Council Member controlled committee from soliciting or accepting campaign contributions or loans of $250 or more within 12 months after decision involving the campaign contributor;
- Disqualifies Council Member from participating in decisions that directly benefit campaign contributors who donated $250 or more to Council Member or Council Member controlled committee within past 12 months;
- Prohibits candidates from soliciting endorsements from City employees, commissioners, contractors or labor association;
- Requires adoption of a code of conduct for elected and appointed officials;
- Requires adoption of “whistleblower” procedures;
- Requires AB1234 training for all City staff and elected and appointed officials;
- Prohibits closed door ad hoc committee meetings;
- Requires tape recording of all City Council closed session meetings;
- Prohibits City officials and staff from from engaging in campaign-related activities using City resources;
- Contains enforcement provisions.
Results are from the Orange County elections division as of November 24, 2010.