Younger people and men support marijuana legalization
California: A SurveyUSA poll conducted on April 20 of 500 voters indicated that while 56% of those surveyed support legalizing marijuana, 75% of those under 35 support legalization and 65% of men support legalization.
Some trouble spots for those who support this November's California Marijuana Legalization Initiative are groups of voters who oppose legalization:
- In the age group of voters over 65, 54% are opposed to marijuana legalization.
- A minority of women (46%) support legalization.
- A minority of Hispanics (45%) support legalization.
- California Marijuana Legalization Initiative (2010)
- California 2010 ballot propositions
- Marijuana on the 2010 ballot