|Alabama House of Representatives District 67|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Salaam is a member of the Alabama Bar Association, Alabama Trial Lawyers, Alabama Democratic Committee, Coalition for Good Government, and Dallas County Bar.
Salaam was defeated in the Democratic primary on June 1, 2010.
Salaam did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Salaam formerly served on the following committees:
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Taxes and Exemptions
Salaam was defeated by challenger Darrio Melton in the primary. Salaam, who was seeking his fifth term, received 5,073 votes while Melton received 5,533. Melton faced no opposition in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Salaam raised $88,843 for his campaign, while Taylor raised $5,378 and Albright raised $0.
|Alabama State House, District 67 (2006)|
|Yusuf Salaam (D)||7,933|
|Adney Taylor (Ind)||2,036|
|Cliff E. Albright (Freedom)||2,134|
In 2006, Salaam collected $88,843 in donations.
Below are Salaam's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$25,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$11,750|
|Business Council of AL||$9,500|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$5,000|
|Fight Back for Justice Fund||$5,000|
- Yusuf Salaam's campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Yusuf Salaam
- Project Vote Smart - Yusuf Salaam
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Salaam
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Salaam Issue Positions
- member_legislators_beat.html Six Former members legislators defeated
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 67
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|