|Texas State House, District 111|
|1993 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Davis served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic & Small Business Development|
|• Redistricting, Vice-chair|
Davis served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Criminal Jurisprudence|
- HB 649 - Relating to a prohibition on the posting of certain tax appraisal record information on the Internet.
- HB 1379 - Relating to the provision of HIV and AIDS tests and to health benefit plan coverage of HIV and AIDS tests.
- HB 1382 - Relating to assessment of certain charges by certain commercial landlords that are governmental entities.
- HB 1383 - Relating to access to certain information under the public information law concerning public officers and employees.
Davis ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 111. Davis ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. She was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Davis won re-election in District 111. She was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 111 |
2010 General election results
|Yvonne Davis (D)||25,783||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Davis won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from the 111th District, receiving 43,685 votes ahead of Republican Homer Fincannon (10,674) and Libertarian Tim Miles (901). She raised $154,118 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 111|
|Yvonne Davis (D)||43,685||79.05%|
|Homer Fincannon (R)||10,674||19.31%|
|Tim Miles (L)||901||1.63%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Davis received $170,668 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Yvonne Davis's campaign in 2010|
|Ahlberg, Trevor L||$5,000|
|J Jennings Investments||$5,000|
|Andrews, Barry G||$4,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$170,668|
Davis raised $154,118 in 2008. Her top 5 campaign contributors are listed below.
|House Democratic Campaign Cmte||$7,500|
|Licensed Beverage Distributors||$3,500|
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$3,500|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Yvonne Davis received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Yvonne Davis
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 111 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Davis
- ↑ Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 111 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 111
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |