Yvonne Lewis Holley
|Yvonne Lewis Holley|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 38|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Holley earned an undergraduate degree from Howard University. She was a state procurement and contract specialist before retirement.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Holley served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
Holley's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am committed to ensuring that a superior educational environment for all students supersedes political conversations and will work to address such critical issues as tuition hikes, student retention and job retraining."
Economic Development and Jobs
- Excerpt: "I work to ennsure the necessary resources are available for the Community College System to effectively offer educational opportunities for upgrading job skills and retraining displaced workers in areas of emerging technology and sustainable energy."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Yvonne Lewis Holley was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Joe Thompson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Holley and Thompson will face off in the general election.
Holley ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 38. She defeated Abeni El-Amin and Lee Sartain in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012 and defeated Shane Murphy (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Yvonne Lewis Holley||87.7%||29,665|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 38 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Yvonne Lewis Holley||60.8%||6,328|
Comprehensive donor information for Lewis-Holley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lewis-Holley raised a total of $24,563 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Yvonne Lewis Holley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 38||$24,563|
|Grand Total Raised||$24,563|
2012Lewis-Holley won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lewis-Holley raised a total of $24,563.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Yvonne Lewis Holley's campaign in 2012|
|Holley, Yvonne Lewis||$6,019|
|Goodmon, James F||$4,000|
|Lillians List of North Carolina||$2,000|
|State Employees Association of North Carolina||$2,000|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$24,563|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Holley has one child and currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Yvonne + Holley + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Yvonne Lewis Holley on Facebook
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- yvonnelewisholley.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Holley, Yvonne Lewis," accessed August 30, 2013
Deborah Ross (D)
|North Carolina House - District 38
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |