|Minnesota House of Representatives District 14B|
|January 8, 2013 - Present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Dorholt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will fully support our institutions of higher education, one of the best investments Minnesota has ever made"
- Excerpt:"Investing in education is the financially smart choice. We invest now or we pay more in the future. It is time to stop borrowing from our children’s future with cheap budget gimmicks that wreak havoc on our school districts and leave them at the mercy of levies."
- Excerpt:"An affordable education needs to be accessible to every student who chooses to pursue higher learning. Rising college tuition forces students to choose: food and rent, or books and tuition."
Jobs, Community Development, Economy
- Excerpt:"Making Minnesota work will take a team effort. Small businesses in our communities often struggle with regulations, and have difficulty providing quality health insurance to their employees."
- Excerpt:"I will work toward a budget that develops our long-term needs and does not take out a loan on our children’s future."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dorholt served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
|• Higher Education Finance and Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Transportation Policy|
Dorholt won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 14B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent King Banaian (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||King Banaian Incumbent||43.6%||7,749|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Zach + Dorholt + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bill that freezes high ed tuition on way to Dayton; he says he'll sign - St. Cloud Times
- Bonding bill falls short in House - St. Cloud Times
- Minnesota House committee OKs gay marriage bill - St. Cloud Times
- Lawmakers pass gay marriage bill; Senate vote next - St. Cloud Times
- House approves bill that includes alcohol tax hike - St. Cloud Times
- Week may be pivotal for education funding as lawmakers prepare budget bills - St. Cloud Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Dorholt's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
Larry Hosch (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 14B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |