Zachary J. Cook
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 56|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position ||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||January 16, 2009|
|Bachelor's||University of New Mexico|
|Master's||Thunderbird School of Global Management|
|J.D.||University of New Mexico|
is a Republican
member of the New Mexico House of Representatives
, representing District 56
. He was first appointed to the chamber on January 16, 2009.
Cook earned his B.A from the University of New Mexico, his M.B.A. from Thunderbird School of Global Management and his J.D. from the University of New Mexico. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cook served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cook served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cook served on the following committees:
In an article with the Albuquerque Journal, Cook said he is running for re-election for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "I’m running for office because I believe New Mexico’s best days are in front of it. While I’m proud of my record in the Legislature, there is still a lot to be done. I want to be part of the solution that makes our state No. 1 in jobs and economic growth. Part of that is improving our education system and giving our young people they skills they need to compete in today’s economy. This state is my home and I’m willing to do whatever I can to make it the best place to live for this and future generations."
- See also: New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Zachary Cook defeated Jim Lowrance in the Republican primary. Cook is unchallenged in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2014
Zachary Cook Incumbent
| Jim Lowrance
- See also: New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2012
Cook ran for re-election in 2012. He ran unopposed in the June 5, 2012 Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012
||Zachary Cook Incumbent
- See also: New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2010
Cook won re-election to District 56 in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
| New Mexico House of Representatives General Election, District 56 (2010)
| Zachary Cook (R)
Comprehensive donor information for Cook is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Cook raised a total of $33,662 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
Cook won re-election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Cook raised a total of $17,748
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Zachary Cook's campaign in 2012|
|Committee to Elect Nate Gentry||$1,000|
|Mescalero Apache Tribe||$1,000|
|New Mexico Automotive Dealers Association||$750|
|Enterprise Products Partners||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$17,748|
|Source:Follow the Money
Cook won re-election to the New Mexico State House in 2010. During that election cycle, Cook raised a total of $15,914
|New Mexico State House 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Zachary Cook's campaign in 2010|
|Ware, Bill & Page||$2,500|
|Committee to Elect Dub Williams||$1,000|
|Anna Crook Campaign||$1,000|
|Consumer Lending Alliance||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$15,914|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Zachary + Cook + New + Mexico + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Zachary Cook News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 www.abqjournal.com, "House District 56 (R) – Zach J. Cook (i)," accessed May 15, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 12, 2014
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Cook, Zachary," accessed May 28, 2013