John Edwards, Arkansas Representative
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 38|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Edwards is a lawyer, Colonel in the National Guard, and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Edwards did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Code Revision Commission, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Transportation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Finance (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Waterways and Aeronautics
Edwards's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1329 - "TO MODIFY COUNTY REQUIREMENTS CONCERNING CHECKS AND ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS."
- HB 1403 - "THE UNIFORM EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER HEALTH PRACTITIONERS ACT."
- HB 1746 - "TO CREATE THE TASK FORCE ON WATER SOURCE PROTECTION."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Edwards is seeking re-election to the 38th district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition in the May 18 primary. He now runs unopposed in the November 2 general election.
Edwards raised $149,590 for his campaign, while Eichler raised $127,312.
|Arkansas State House, District 38 (2008)|
|John Edwards (D)||7,057|
|Kelly Eichler (R)||6,979|
Below are Edwards's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$4,000|
|Wilkes & McHugh||$3,000|
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Val G DeLucca||$2,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. John Edwards
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Arkansas House District 38
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|