|Oregon State Senate District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Metsger worked as Assistant Varsity/Head Junior Varsity Basketball Coach for Lewis & Clark. He then worked as a teacher for Sam Barlow High School from 1973 to 1976. He also worked as a journalist for KOIN-TV Portland from 1977 to 1992. In 1992 she founded NewsMedia Dynamics, Incorporated. She is currently a Consultant for MetsgerForbes.
Metsger earned his BA in Communication from Lewis and Clark College in 1972. She went on to receive her MAT from Lewis and Clark College in 1975.
Prior to leaving the Oregon State Senate, Metsger served on the following committees:
- Business and Transportation Committee, Oregon Senate
- Education and General Government Committee, Oregon Senate
- Rules Committee, Oregon Senate
Metsger did not seek re-election in 2010.
|Oregon State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Rick Metsger (D)||25,183|
|Carol York (R)||18,964|
In 2006, Metsger collected $523,653 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP FUND||$175,226|
|SERVICE EMPLOYEES LOCAL 503||$39,476|
|OREGON EDUCATION ASSOCIATION||$37,470|
|OREGON CREDIT UNION LEAGUE||$20,000|
|KURT SCHRADER FOR STATE SENATE||$20,000|
Metsger has a wife, Kay.
- Rick Metsger's personal website
- Profile from the Oregon Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Rick Metsger
- "Rosenbaum set to replace Devlin as Senate Majority Leader," Oregon Capital News, November 12, 2010
- 2006 election results, Oregon Senate
- Oregon Senate spending, 2006
- 2006 contributions
|Oregon State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
Chuck Thomsen (R)