2012 election dates
Revision as of 09:33, 13 July 2012 by BaileyL
Dates above represent primary elections.
- Signature requirements and deadlines for 2012 state government elections, click here.
- Voter registration information for 2012 primaries, click here.
A total of 103 statewide elections have been scheduled for 2012. (Note: this does not include special elections or local ballot measure elections).
31 - Georgia
6 (primary) - Louisiana
1 (general) - Louisiana
- ↑ Ohio: moved from original date of May 8
- ↑ Texas: moved from April 3rd to May 29th. Previously moved from original date of March 6th to April 3rd.
- ↑ Congressional only moved from September 11
- ↑ Wisconsin has a variety of primary election dates. April 3 is the presidential primary and judicial primary, February 21 marks the spring primary. However, the primary for state legislative and congressional elections is August 14.
- ↑ State legislative only. On May 21, 2012, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo signed legislation moving the state primary to Thursday, Sept. 13, from Tuesday, Sept. 11.
- Statewide elections, 2011
- The New York Times,"New York Delays Primary by 2 Days," March 21, 2012
- Election Law Blog,"Federal Court in San Antonio Sets Texas Primary, Runoff, Ballot Rules," March 1, 2012
- New York Times "Judge Moves Congressional Primary Date to June," January 27, 2012
- Roll Call,"N.C. Court Denies Motion to Delay Primary," January 20, 2012
- KERA,"Agreement On Texas Primary Date Expected Today," December 16, 2011
- The Vindicator,"Lawmakers OK March primary, end to map flap," December 15, 2011
- The Augusta Chronicle,"Augusta officials seek attorney general's opinion on possible election date change," December 13, 2011
- Connecticut sets presidential primary for April 24, Ballotpedia.org
- Boston Herald,"Gov. Patrick wants 2012 primary date changed to avoid conflict," November 29, 2011