2014 ballot measure litigation
Revision as of 09:10, 19 March 2012 by Alejandortiz
- See also: List of ballot measure lawsuits in 2014
- See also: Nevada Mining Tax Cap Amendment (2014)
- The Nevada Mining Association filed a lawsuit in state court in Carson City during late-February 2012, attempting to block the mining tax cap amendment measure from the ballot. The association stated that the measure was misleading and failed to describe the consequences to Nevada's overall tax structure if enacted by voters.
- See also: Nevada Casino Tax Amendment (2012)
- The Nevada Resort Association filed a lawsuit on February 29, 2012 in order to block the casino tax initiative petition. The lawsuit was filed in Carson City District Court, stating that the petition is misleading to voters. Specifically, reports state that the group has asked Judge Todd Russell to stop initiative organizers from collecting signatures.
Motivation of sponsors
- Post-certification signature challenge
- Signature recovery lawsuit
- Ballot title litigation
- List of ballot measure lawsuits in 2014
- 2011 ballot measure litigation