|Aaron D. Ford|
|Nevada State Senate, District 11|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ford served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Natural Resources|
Ford's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Another of our priorities must be to restore our State's economy and put Nevadans back to work. With our staggering unemployment rate, it is clear that we must explore new and innovative ways to induce our current businesses to hire and to encourage additional businesses to choose Nevada as their home so that Nevadans can get back to work. I support incentives to accomplish both of these goals. I will bring small businesses to the table to make sure they are part of the decisions affecting them."
- "I will work to enact legislation that will enable businesses currently engaged in energy development in our State do so better and more efficiently. I will also work to attract new businesses interested in our natural resources – businesses that hire Nevadans and invest in our State. We can benefit from the energy-development industry, but we must first position ourselves for this benefit. I will work to do that."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Ford ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 11. Ford defeated Harry Mortenson in the June 12 primary election and defeated John Drake (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Nevada State Senate, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
Ford was defeated in the November 2, 2010 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Ford is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ford raised a total of $226,204 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Aaron Ford's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 11||$226,204|
|Grand Total Raised||$226,204|
2012Ford won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ford raised a total of $226,204.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Aaron Ford's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Senate Democrats||$8,000|
|Nevada State Education Association||$6,500|
|Nevada Justice Association||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 525||$5,000|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$226,204|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Aaron + Ford + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary candidates
- Clark County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Ford, Aaron D." Retrieved June 14, 2013.
Michael Schneider (D)
|Nevada State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|