For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 80|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ritchey has served as Director of the Hollidaysburg Area School Board since 2011.
Ritchey attended Williamsport Area Community College. His professional experience includes owning AR Natural Gas Fueling Systems and as the former owner of a construction company for over 25 years.
Ritchey's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Term limits for elected office
- Excerpt: "In my 52 years, aside from a two year term of Mr. Cassady, there has only been three representatives for the 80th district. I am not a career politician and will not serve more than ten years."
Lower taxes and reduce excessive regulations & crippling mandates
- Excerpt: "I believe the State has plenty of money, it just needs to reevaluate how it spends our money."
Develop natural resources and create jobs
- Excerpt: "In my lifetime I have seen the decline of the railroads, decrease of coal mines, and the closing of the steel mills, as well as many local manufacturing facilities. It saddens me to see us put ourselves out of business. We have an opportunity not seen in generations: the development of natural resources. All I see at the state level is how we can tax and regulate it. We must handle this development carefully, ensuring it is done in a safe, clean manner while not creating extra cost from over regulation and taxes."
Defend traditional family values
- Excerpt: "I'm a strong advocate for Pro-life."
Privatize the lottery, liquor stores, and turnpike
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Judith Ward defeated Aaron Ritchey in the Republican primary. Jason Lynn ran as an Independent candidate. Ward defeated Lynn in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 80 General Election, 2014|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 80 Republican Primary, 2014|
Ritchey has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Aaron + Ritchey + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 80
- Official campaign website
- Aaron Ritchey on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Aaron," accessed May 7, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed May 7, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |