|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Hampden District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Holyoke City Council|
|Place of birth||South Holyoke, Massachusetts|
|Profession||Film editor/Yoga studio owner|
Vega's professional experience includes owning a yoga studio with his wife, and working as a film editor.
Vega's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Fixing public education is the civil rights struggle of today. Our district has a 53%graduation rate and two level 4 schools. Finding solutions to this problem will be one of my top priorities as your state representative."
- Excerpt:"I support a two-fold strategy of promoting the growth small business in our city while at the same time working to attract large business to Western Mass, hand in hand with other local legislators."
- Excerpt:"In addition to supporting the greatwork by the Holyoke Police Department, I will make sure that any successful program receiving statemoney remains funded. I will work to strengthen pre- and post-release programs to target repeat offenders."
- Excerpt:"The PVTA is facing rate increases while the MBTA is being bailed out. We must invest in our regional public transportation system while embracing commuter rail."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Vega served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Personnel and Administration|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint|
|• Higher Education Joint|
Vega won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Hampden District. He defeated incumbent Michael Kane in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Linda Vacon (R) and Jerome T. Hobert (G) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Hampden District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Aaron Vega Incumbent||60.8%||9,545|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Hampden District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Kane Incumbent||33.9%||999|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Vega and his wife, Debra, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Aaron + Vega + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Aaron Vega on Facebook
- Aaron Vega on Twitter
- Aaron Vega on YouTube
Michael Kane (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Hampden 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |