|Abel G. Collins|
|U.S. House, Rhode Island, District 2|
|Place of birth||Matunuck, Rhode Island|
Abel G. Collins
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Independent
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 2nd Congressional District
of Rhode Island
Abel Collins grew up on a farm in Matunuck, he attended schools in the South Kingstown school district then later attended Brown University where he graduated in 2000 with a Bachelors degree in Political Science. Abel Collins then did a variety of jobs before settling at the Sierra Club where he is the current Rhode Island chapter program manager.
According to Abel Collin's website, his 2012 campaign themes included:
- Financial system; "The goal... is to return the financial industry to the economic utility that it should rightly be and bring to an end the destructive casino it has become."
- Green Works; "Let’s create communities where it’s easy to walk and bike to the nearest commuter rail station or transit stop. In this way, we can build safer, healthier and more sustainable cities and towns that save our household budgets on growing transportation costs."
- Women's Rights; "I want women to have the right to choose what happens to their bodies, and I want them to have the knowledge that our society supports motherhood, that there will be a home, food, health care, transportation, and a safe supportive community in which to raise happy healthy children."
- See also: Rhode Island's 2nd congressional district elections, 2012
Collins ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Rhode Island's 2nd District. Collins lost to incumbent Rep. James R. Langevin on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Abel G. + Collins + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
G.+Collins+Rhode Island +House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss Abel G. Collins News Feed