Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 18|
Guillen's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Balancing Budgets and Cutting Waste
- Excerpt: "California is grappling with a fiscal and economic crisis of historic proportions. To continue making investments in our schools, protect the safety net, keep our neighborhoods safe, and meet the demands of a growing state, we must find long-term revenue solutions to our state budget problems."
- Good Jobs and New Economic Opportunities
- Excerpt: "Like many communities around the country, the East Bay is facing high unemployment and a slow economic recovery. Abel Guillen has helped deliver over $20 million for new career education and job training programs at East Bay community colleges. "
- Investing in Education
- Excerpt: "As a Community College Trustee, a product of local public schools and the first in his family to graduate from college, Abel Guillen know firsthand the transformative power of education. He understands that public education is the foundation of strong communities and a vibrant economy."
- Environmental Action
- Excerpt: "California and the East Bay have a long history of leading the way by protecting our environment and producing sustainable energy. We must continue to “protect the commons” and maintain this vital legacy."
- Access to Affordable Health Care
- Excerpt: "Improving access to and the quality of health care is one of the greatest challenges facing our state. We must strive towards a health care system that provides cost-effective, quality health care to all individuals – regardless of one’s background."
Guillen is running in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 18. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Joel Young (D), and Rhonda Weber (R). Guillen will face Rob Bonta (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Abel + Guillen + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.