Accountability, Efficiency and Transparency Committee, Mississippi State Senate
The Accountability, Efficiency and Transparency Committee is a standing committee of the Mississippi State Senate. Per Senate Rule 36, the committee is made up of nine members. Before the 2012 session, the committee was known as the Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee.
Per Rules 7, 36 and 37 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Mississippi State Senate are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi, who serves as the President of the Senate. After the adoption of Senate Rules, the committees are appointed. The first person named to a committee by the President shall serve as the chair, with the second serving as the vice chair. Any vacancies that have occurred in any committees after members have been appointed will be filled by the President.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||A committee of the Senate shall report on the sufficiency of the titles of all bills and resolutions before their being put on final passage; and it shall be in order, before the passage of every bill or resolution, to move to commit or recommit for report upon the sufficiency of the title. Titles shall indicate clearly the subject matter of the proposed legislation.||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Accountability, Efficiency and Transparency Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (3)||Republican members (6)|
|• J.P. Wilemon, Vice-Chair||• Nancy Adams Collins, Chair|
|• David Blount||• Terry Brown|
|• Steve Hale||• Eugene Clarke|
|• Joey Fillingane|
|• Briggs Hopson|
|• John Polk|
- David Blount
- Terry W. Brown
- Lydia Chassaniol
- Eugene Clarke
- Doug Davis
- Joey Fillingane
- Carl Gordon
- Alice Harden
- Gary Jackson
- Dean Kirby
- Willie Simmons
- Gray Tollison
- Johnnie Walls
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 30, 2014 Rule 36
- Public Policy Center of Mississippi, "Senate Committees for 2012," accessed January 30, 2014
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014 (Rules 7, 36 and 37)
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014 (Rule 37)
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 30, 2014 Rule 41
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.