Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 1|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||UCLA School of Law|
|Service/branch||US Air Force|
|Years of service||six years|
Cook grew up in Southern California before his family moved to the Fredericksburg area to found Calvary Church in the area. Cook graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and then the law school of UCLA. He briefly worked as a general counsel for a aerospace startup and then joined the US Air Force's JAG Corp. He served on active duty for six years in the JAG Corp. In 2009 he went into the Air Force reserves and joined the Social Security Administration’s Office of the General Counsel. His most recent tour was in 2011 where he was deployed in Afghanistan.
According to Cook's website, his campaign themes include:
- Jobs: "support increasing aid to states to stop the layoffs of police, firefighters, and teachers, creating another 400,000 good jobs while making our communities safer and ensuring a brighter future for America’s children."
- Deficit: "...a balanced and realistic approach to reducing the deficit requires that we ask at least as much from the wealthy and the special interests as we do from the middle class."
- Healthcare: "...we must improve on the reforms in the President’s health care law to control costs and improve access to health care for all American families."
Cook ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 1st District. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. He will face Republican incumbent Rob Wittman and Gail Parker (I) in the November general election.
|Adam Cook Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$0||$59,298||$(32,657.03)||$26,640.97|
|July Quarterly||July 13, 2012||$39,749.90||$30,375.24||$(28,413.27)||$5,936.87|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Cook + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Cook for Congress, "Meet Adam," Accessed September 19, 2012
- Cook for Congress, "Issues," Accessed September 19, 2012
- Fredericksburg Freelance-Star "Wittman re-election bid to make stop in Stafford," May 18, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Adam Cook's 2012 Summary reports," Accessed September 19, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, Adam Cook's April Quarterly report," Accessed September 19, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Adam Cook's July Quarterly report," Accessed September 19, 2012