|Virginia State Senate District 30|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 49|
|Birthday||November 10, 1963|
|Place of birth||Commack, NY|
Ebbin currently works as a marketing consultant. Prior to his election to the House, he worked as chief Deputy Commissioner for the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, and was the campaign manager for Smedberg (2000) and Walker (1996-97) for Alexandria City Council.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Ebbin served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Ebbin served on the following committees:
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Teachers and Administrative Action Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #3
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- HB 2009 Incandescent light bulbs; bans sale or distribution in State, effective July 1, 2010.
- HB 2010 Paper and plastic bags; imposes fee on those used by purchasers to carry tangible personal property.
- HB 2387 Green Public Buildings Act; certain new or renovated buildings to be built to certain standards.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
On November 8, 2011, Ebbin won election to District 30 of the Virginia State Senate. He defeated Rob Krupicka and Libby Garvey in the August 23 primary. Ebbin defeated Timothy McGhee (R) in the November 8 general election. 
|Virginia State Senate, District 30 General Election, 2011|
|Virginia State Senate Democratic Primary, 2011|
In 2009, Ebbin was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 49 (2009)|
|Adam Ebbin (D)||8,890|
Delegate Ebbin giving a tour of the Capitol renovation
In 2011, Ebbin received $393,026 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam Ebbin's campaign in 2011|
|Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund Non-Federal Virginia||$43,000|
|Adam Ebbin For House Of Delegates||$27,770|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$13,388|
|Friedman, Mrs Lori||$9,600|
|Ticer For Virginia Senate||$5,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$393,026|
|Total Votes received in 2011||20,968|
|Cost of each vote received||$18.74|
The top 5 donors to Ebbin's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$6,363|
|Ms. Jennifer Walker||$5,000|
|Mark D. Colley||$4,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$3,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,750|
Ebbin's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Opposing the Abuses of Ken Cuccinelli
- Excerpt: "Adam Ebbin has been the leading voice in the House of Delegates against the radical agenda of Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli. When Cuccinelli refused to allow our universities to include protections for LGBT Virginians in their official non-discrimination policies, Adam led members of the House Democratic caucus to denounce Cuccinelli's actions from the floor of the House of Delegates"
- Defending LGBT Virginians
- Excerpt: "As the founder of the Virginia Partisans Gay & Lesbian Democratic Club and first openly gay member of the General Assembly, Adam Ebbin has been a leader in the fight for equality."
- Protecting Virginia's Seniors
- Excerpt: "As Senator, Adam Ebbin will defend services for seniors against budget cuts, and fight to ensure that elderly Virginians are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve."
- Welcoming New Americans
- Excerpt: "When many politicians attempt to vilify Virginia's hardworking immigrant population, Adam Ebbin will not let their attacks go unanswered."
- Defending Human Rights
- Excerpt: "Few people are more vulnerable than victims of human trafficking. Delegate Ebbin has fought to ensure that their rights are not forgotten."
- Investing in Public Schools
- Excerpt: "A strong educational system for our children today is essential to maintaining Virginia's economic growth tomorrow. Adam Ebbin's commitment to our public schools has won him recognition from the Virginia Education Association."
- Expanding Transit to Fight the BRAC Debacle
- Excerpt: "Adam Ebbin has worked to address the looming traffic crisis at Seminary Rd and 395. He joined with Delegate Charniele Herring to secure state dollars for a ramp to help alleviate traffic congestion."
- Fighting for a Greener Future
- Excerpt: "Adam Ebbin will take his record of leadership on environmental issues with him to the Virginia Senate. In the House, Adam won support for a measure to foster greater use of green energy through a low-interest loan fund for solar panels (HB 2191) and worked with Governor Kaine to require green standards for new state buildings."
- Senate website
- Campaign website
- Delegate Adam Ebbin official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Adam Ebbin on Twitter
- Delegate Ebbin Facebook profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Brink
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Department of State, 2011 Primary candidate list
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- Adam Ebbin's campaign website, Issues
|Virginia State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 49
| Succeeded by|