|California State Assembly District 21|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|High school||Golden Valley High School (1996)|
|Bachelor's||UC Santa Barbara, Merced College|
Gray studied at UC Santa Barbara and Merced College. His professional experience includes managing a small public affairs and communications firm and serving as a course assistant/lecturer on the state legislature at UC Merced.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gray served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
|• Governmental Organization|
|• Water, Parks and Wildlife|
|• Emergency Management|
|• Legislative Audit, Chair|
Gray's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs – Supporting policies that help employers create good-paying jobs and invest in Valley communities.
- Preserving Agriculture – Fighting to support local farming and the Valley’s agricultural heritage, enabling farmers to compete globally.
- Ensuring Safe and Reliable Water – Supporting approaches to the Delta that ensure a safe and reliable water supply for consumers and farmers.
- Improving Our Schools – Working to improving public schools by making sure that students have the necessary tools and environment to learn.
- Sound Transportation – Supporting approaches to transportation and infrastructure that will create local jobs and best serve the needs of all Valley communities.
Gray won election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 21. He advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Tommy Jones (D), Lesa Rasmussen (D), and Robert Sellers (D). Gray defeated Jack Mobley (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 21, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
in 2012, Gray's endorsements included the following:
- Modesto Bee
- Merced Sun Star
- Dennis Cardoza, U.S. Representative
- Cathleen Galgiani, Assemblymember
- Barbara Matthews, Former Assemblymember
- Jerome Horton, Chairman, California State Board of Equalization
- Merced County Deputy Sheriff's Association
- Stanislaus County Sworn Sheriff's Deputies Association
- Merced Police Officers Association
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- CDF Firefighters, Local 2881
- California Professional Firefighters
- California Statewide Law Enforcement Association
- State Coalition of Probation Officers (SCOPO)
- California Small Business Association
- Calfiornia School Employees Association
- California Nurses Association
- National Nurses Organizing Committee
- California Dental Association
- Crime Victims United
- California Conference of Machinists
- California Labor Federation
- State Buildling and Construction Trades Council of California
- California Teamsters Public Affairs Council
- Teamsters Joint Council No. 7
- Carpenters Local Union 152
- California Democratic Party
- California Young Democrats
- North Valley Labor Federation
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Local 2703
- Laborer’s International Union of North America
- California Chiropractic Association
- California Faculty Association
- California Teachers Association
- SEIU, Local 1000
- Professional Engineers in California Government
- National Association of Social Workers
- Association of California School Administrators
- United Domestic Workers of America, AFSCME Local 3930/ AFLCIO
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Gray + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pattersonirrigator.com, "21st Assembly race ramps up after Berryhill exits," September 2, 2011
- Adam Gray for Assembly 2012 Facebook Page "Info" Accessed October 6, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, 2012 official candidate list
- California Secretary of State "Primary Results" June 5, 2012
- Adam Gray for Assembly "Endorsements" Accessed October 6, 2012
Rich Gordon (D)
|California Assembly District 21
| Succeeded by|