For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance|
|October 2007 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Predecessor||Jim Poolman (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed by||Gov. John Hoeven|
|Bachelor's||Sam Houston State University|
|J.D.||University of North Dakota School of Law|
|Place of birth||Jamestown, North Dakota|
Following his graduation from law school, Hamm became an Assistant Cass County State’s Attorney working on personal crimes. At the beginning of 2002, he moved into private practice and remained in this position until he was named North Dakota's Insurance Commissioner in 2007.
- Bachelor's degree, Sam Houston State University
- Juris Doctorate, University of North Dakota School of Law
North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance (2007-Present)
|North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Adam Hamm Incumbent||63.3%||192,031|
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.|
|North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance, 2008|
|Republican||Adam Hamm Incumbent||50.3%||151,019|
Comprehensive donor information for Hamm is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Hamm raised a total of $308,013 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Adam Hamm's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||ND Insurance Commissioner||$81,102|
|2010||ND Insurance Commissioner||$9,585|
|2008||ND Insurance Commissioner||$217,326|
|Grand Total Raised||$308,013|
Hamm won re-election to the position of North Dakota Insurance Commissioner in 2012. During that election cycle, Hamm raised a total of $81,102.
|North Dakota Insurance Commissioner 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam Hamm's campaign in 2012|
|John & Mikey Hoeven||$5,000|
|North Dakota Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Donald G. Bottrell||$5,000|
|Chuck & Linda Tompkins||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$81,102|
|Total Votes received in 2012||192,031|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.42|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Adam Hamm's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Adam Hamm's Campaign Contributions|
North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$267,882|
|Top 5 contributors||North Dakota Republican Party||$18,550|
Hamm and his wife Michelle live in Bismarck, North Dakota. Together they have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adam + Hamm + North + Dakota + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- North Dakota Insurance Department
- Hamm's official biography
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- ND.gov, "Insurance department: Meet Commissioner Hamm," accessed January 16, 2013
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Unofficial results, primary election," accessed June 12, 2012
- Adam Hamm, "Meet Adam," accessed February 21, 2013
- Bismark Tribune "General Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "November 4, 2008 General Election Results," accessed March 19, 2011
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Adam Hamm," accessed May 20, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
Jim Poolman (R)
|North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|