|Michigan House of Representatives District 99|
|High school||Coleman High School (2005)|
|Bachelor's||Central Michigan University (2012)|
|Profession||Author, Truck Driver|
Lawrence's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Adam Lawrence Unveils ‘Buy Local, Buy Michigan, Buy American’ Plan
- Excerpt:"Adam’s plan works by recognizing that ‘trickle-down’ economics do not work. The small business owners, who Adam has spoken to, have remarked at how tax cuts for businesses alone are not a solid solution. In the end, these struggling businesses need customers to survive."
Stopping the War on Women
- Excerpt:"Adam Lawrence recognizes that he is a man, and is not entitled to have any opinion which separates powers, rights, and freedoms from any human being. He supports giving more powers to the Michigan Department of Civil Rights to combat and research the effects of the War on Women."
Adam Lawrence Believes in Public Education
- Excerpt:"Adam is dedicated to giving our educators exactly what they need to build an intelligent and diligent workforce for the 21st Century jobs of the future. Adam recognizes that teachers will require state-of-the-art, extensive training in order to provide the same education to students."
Lawrence majored in History and Political Science at Central Michigan University and graduated from Coleman High School.
Lawrence is affiliated with the following organizations:
- SLAM (an RSO at CMU) - Founder
- Isabella County Democratic Party
- College Democrats Association (Central Michigan Chapter)
- Midland County Democratic Party
- Isabella County Soup Kitchen
- The Open Door (Midland Co.)
- Youth Basketball Athletic Association
- Mid-Michigan Healthcare (volunteered to help patients with neuro-physical rehabilitation)
- Mary Brandell Volunteer Center (at CMU)
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Lawrence listed the following seven issues of his campaign:
- "Protect the Earned Income Tax Credit to keep working Michigan families from falling into poverty"
- "Restore the funding to public education"
- "Protect our teachers and school staff from further furloughs, layoffs, and benefit cuts"
- "Improve Michigan's neglected infrastructure, by making corporate businesses pay their fair share"
- "Ensure dependable funding for earned equitable relief programs for seniors and veterans"
- "Create jobs while protecting Michigan's natural resources by promoting industries specializing in renewable energy"
- "Require every dollar in the state budget to create or sustain jobs in Michigan, and put a stop to outsourcing jobs to other states and countries"
Lawrence ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 99. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Kevin Cotter (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 99, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kevin Cotter Incumbent||57.4%||18,150|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Lawrence + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biographical submission to Ballotpedia, June 21, 2012
- "votelawrence99," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |