Adam M. Brown
|Adam M. Brown|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 102|
|January 12, 2011-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Brown's professional experience includes working as a farmer and for the Illinois Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and the USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Health Care Licenses|
|• Public Utilities|
|• State Government Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment & Energy|
|• State Government Administration|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Matt Forcum ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Adam M. Brown ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Forcum and Brown will face off in the general election.
Brown won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 102. Brown defeated Robert Roman in the March 20 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Adam M. Brown Incumbent||100%||39,557|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Adam M. Brown Incumbent||78.4%||11,101|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Adam M. Brown||51%||15,939|
|Democratic||Robert Flider Incumbent||49%||15,340|
Comprehensive donor information for Brown is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Brown raised a total of $195,979 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Adam M. Brown's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 102||$195,979|
|2010||Illinois State House, District 101||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$195,979|
2012Brown won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brown raised a total of $195,979.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam M. Brown's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$195,979|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Brown received a score of 62.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C- according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 34th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Adam + Brown + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives - Adam Brown
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- WANDTV.com, "Adam Brown to challenge Bob Flider for State House seat," March 4, 2010.
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Brown, Adam M," accessed July 24, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
Paul Evans (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 102
| Succeeded by|
Robert F. Flider (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 101
| Succeeded by|
Bill Mitchell (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |