|New York State Assembly District 116|
|2009 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, University at Albany, 2000|
|J.D.||Syracuse University College of Law, 2003|
Russell's professional experience includes being an attorney with Conboy, McKay, Bachman and Kendall, Limited Liability Partnership; an intern for Ronald Klain and New York State Assemblyman Marin Luster; and chief of staff for Vice President Al Gore.
Russell earned a BA in political science from the University at Albany; a JD from Syracuse University College of Law; and a certificate in family law and social policy from Syracuse University College of Law. She and her husband, James, have one child; Aaron.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Export Trade
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Russell ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 116. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. She was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 116, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Addie Russell Incumbent||100%||33,329|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Russell ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated David Forsythe (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 118 2010|
|Addie Russell (D)||18,341|
|David Forsythe (R)||14,809|
On November 4, 2008 Russell won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 118, defeating opponent Robert Cantwell (R).
Russell raised $278,825 for her campaign while Cantwell raised $80,136.
|New York State Assembly, District 118 2008|
|Addie Russell (D)||24,843|
|Robert Cantwell (R)||17,423|
In 2010, Russell received $91,354 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Addie Russell's campaign in 2010|
|Democratic Assembly Campaign Cmte Of New York||$26,270|
|Democratic Assembly Campaign Cmte||$5,000|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$4,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$91,354|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Addie + Russell + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Addie Russell
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Russell
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
Anthony Brindisi (D)
|New York Assembly District 116
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 118
| Succeeded by|
Marc Butler (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |